Department of Cognitive Science
Dr Richard Menary
BA UOU, MSc UBir, PhD KCL.
Office : W6A 732
Phone : +61 2 9850 6896
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Homepage : http://www.mq.edu.au/pubstatic/public/redirect/?id=36207
Department of Philosophy
I also have a profile at the ARC Centre for Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders.
- Promotion to Level C (2013), Menary, R.
- ARC Future Fellowship [FT130100960] (2013 - 2017) "Enculturated cognition." Menary, R. ($589,656)
- ARC Discovery Project [DP1095109] (2010 - 2013) "Embodied virtues and expertise." Menary, R., Gallagher, S., Hutto, D., Winch, C., & Simpson, D. ($293,000)
- Menary, R. (Ed.). (2010). The Extended Mind. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Menary, R. (Ed.). (2010). Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences: "4E Cognition: Embodied Embedded, Enacted, Extended." : .
- Menary, R., & Zlatev, J. (Eds.). (2008). Journal of Consciousness Studies: "The Dialectics of Consciousness and Language." : .
- Menary, R. (2007). Cognitive Integration: Mind and Cognition Unbounded. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Menary, R. (Ed.). (2006). Radical enactivism: intentionality, phenomenology, and narrative. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing.
- Menary, R. (2013). The enculturated hand. In Z. Radman (Ed.), Hand: An organ of the mind. Cambridge: MIT press.
- Menary, R. (2013). Extended mind. In H. Pashler (Ed.), Encyclopedia of the mind [Vol. 5] (pp. 336-339). Thousand Oaks: SAGE Pulications.
- Menary, R. (2011). Our Glassy Essence: Pragmatist Approaches to the Self. In Gallagher, S. (Ed.), Oxford Handbook of the Self Oxford: OUP.
- Menary, R. (2010). The Extended Mind in Focus. In Menary, R. (Ed.), The Extended Mind Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Menary, R. (2010). Cognitive Integration and the Extended Mind. In Menary, R. (Ed.), The Extended Mind Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Menary, R. (2009). Intentionality and Consciousness. In Banks, W. (Ed.), Encyclopaedia of Consciousness : Elsevier.
- Menary, R. (2009). The Virtuous Whisky Drinker. In Alhoff, F. (Ed.), Whiskey and Philosophy Oxford: Blackwell.
- Menary, R. (2006). What is Radical Enactivism? In Menary, R. (Ed.), Radical Enactivism: Emotion, Intentionality and Phenomenology. Consciousness and Emotion series: John Benjamins.
- Menary, R., & Kirchhoff, M. (2014). Cognitive transformations and extended expertise. Educational Philosophy and Theory, 46, 610-623. doi:10.1080/00131857.2013.779209
- Menary, R. (2013). Cognitive integration, enculturated cognition and the socially extended mind. Cognitive Systems Research, 25-26, 26-34. doi:10.1016/j.cogsys.2013.05.002
- Menary, R. (2012). Cognitive practices and cognitive character. Philosophical Explorations, 15(2), 147-164.
- Menary, R. (2010). The Holy grail of cognitivism: A reply to Adams and Aizawa. Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, 9, 605-618.
- Menary, R. (2010). Dimensions of mind. Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, 9, 561-578.
- Menary, R. (2010). Introduction to the Special Issue on 4E Cognition [Special Issue]. Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, 9, 459–463.
- Menary, R. (2009). Intentionality, cognitive integration and the continuity thesis. Topoi, 28, 31-43.
- Menary, R. (2008). Embodied narratives. Journal of Consciousness Studies, 15, 63-84.
- Menary, R. (2007). Writing as thinking. Language Sciences, 29, 621-632.
- Menary, R. (2006). Attacking the bounds of cognition. Philosophical Psychology, 19, 329-344.
- Menary, R. (2003). Wittgenstein and Peirce on doubt. Contributions of the Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, 26, 230-233.
Conference Presentations, Colloquia, and other presentations
- Menary, R. (2013, December). Great leaps or very short steps: How did language evolve? Paper presented at the Evolution of Language Workshop, Macquarie University, Sydney.
- Wednesday 22nd Apr,
Associate Professor Carmel O’Shannessy,
"The roles of children and adults in language creation and ..."
- Wednesday 22nd Apr,
Professor Mari Ostendorf,
"Assessing text difficulty via automatic analysis of oral reading. ..."
- Monday 27th Apr,
Professor Shrikanth (Shri) Narayanan,
"Behavioral signal processing: Enabling human-centered behavioral ..."
- Wednesday 6th May,
Professor Mark Sanderson,
"Getting rid of the ten blue links. (CLaS-CCD Research Colloquium ..."
- Professor Daniel Bub
- Jenny Wu
- Dr Dennis Norris
- Professor Susan Gathercole
- Niina Tamura
- Dr Julie Morris
- Professor Naomi (Wenkai) Chen
- Professor Kate Nation
- Professor Bruno Rossion [Previous Visitors]