Department of Cognitive Science
The department hosts and provides support of various kinds to both internally and externally-arranged conferences in cognitive science. Some conferences will be published as an edited book in the Psychology Press series "Macquarie Monographs in Cognitive Science", with the conference organizers being the book editors.
Conferences in 2014
- Professor Greg Hickok Public Lecture: What the computational neuroanatomy of speech reveals about language, motor control, mirror neurons, embodied cognition, and the architecture of the mind/brain. (21 November)
- Professor Daniel Bub: Our intelligent hands: The role of action in language comprehension. (6th November)
- Professor Sid Kouider: One day workshop
- Visual Word Recognition Workshop - Forsterfest '14 (25 June)
- Paul Bourke Public Lecture: Mauve Mondays and Orange Odours: Synaesthesia and the integration of information in the human brain (1 May)
Conference in other years
- Friday 15th Aug,
"Why Staring is a Contest"
- Friday 29th Aug,
Prof. Naama Friedmann ,
"Syntactic difficulties of children with hearing impairment: The criti..."
- Friday 5th Sep,
"Neural pathways for prosody"
- Inga Hameister
- Dr Robin Litt
- Associate Professor Douglas Cheyne
- Leonardo Barbosa
- Professor Sid Kouider
- Thomas Andrillon
- Professor Naama Friedmann
- Dr Marcus Johnson
- Dr Michelle Jarick
- Professor Jason Rothman
- Dr Ema Sullivan-Bissett
- Professor Daniel Bub [Previous Visitors]