Department of Cognitive Science
The department hosts and provides support of various kinds to both internally and externally-arranged conferences in cognitive science. Some conferences will be published as an edited book in the Psychology Press series "Macquarie Monographs in Cognitive Science", with the conference organizers being the book editors.
Conferences in 2014
- Professor Greg Hickok Public Lecture: What the computational neuroanatomy of speech reveals about language, motor control, mirror neurons, embodied cognition, and the architecture of the mind/brain. (21 November)
- Professor Daniel Bub: Our intelligent hands: The role of action in language comprehension. (6th November)
- Professor Sid Kouider: One day workshop
- Visual Word Recognition Workshop - Forsterfest '14 (25 June)
- Paul Bourke Public Lecture: Mauve Mondays and Orange Odours: Synaesthesia and the integration of information in the human brain (1 May)
Conference in other years
- Friday 31st Oct,
Dr Amanda Miller Amberber,
"Bilingual aphasia: Language switching and selection, cross-language ge..."
- Tuesday 18th Nov,
Professor David Poeppel,
"Three challenges for the neuroscience of language: The maps problem, t..."
- Thursday 20th Nov,
Professor Greg Hickok,
"What Broca’s area is and isn’t doing for language and cognitive proces..."
- Federica Degno
- Professor Daniel Bub
- Sira Määttä
- Simon Hoffding
- Professor Norman Brown
- Professor Harvey Whitehouse [Previous Visitors]