Department of Cognitive Science
News and Events
Here you can find information on awards and recognition earned by centre members. This can be (but not limited to) media appearances, grants awarded, external appointments, awards and PhD graduations.
For information about grants awarded to MACCS, refer to our Research pages.
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Computational modelling of spoken word production." Hameau, S., Nickels, L., Coltheart, M., Pritchard, S., & Fieder, N. ($37,865)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Default mode network integrity in dementia patients with psychosis: Examining associations with cognitive factors." Landin-Romero, R., Kumfor, F., Irish, M., Langdon, R., Connaughton, E., & Piguet, O. ($39,708)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Building a cognitive model of coding: The link between coding ability and syntactic skills." Marinus, E., Powell, Z., Thornton, R., McArthur, G., & Crain, S. ($21,573)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Should I trust you? Appearance-based trust behaviour in schizophrenia." Sutherland, C., Rhodes, G., Langdon, R., Caruana, N., Connaughton, E., Ewing, L., & Williams, N. ($39,287)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Hidden language: Using fast periodic stimulation to reveal lexical and semantic processing in minimally-verbal children with autism." Woolgar, A., Badcock, N., He, W., Brock, J., Rich, A., & Nickels, L. ($36,627)
- 1st Place, Macquarie University, Department of Cognitive Science, 3 Minute Thesis Competition (2016), Carrigan, A.
- Dr Leidy Janeth Castro-Meneses - Applying the stop signal task to speech: neural and behavioural investigations of proactive and reactive inhibition..
- Dr Aline Cordonnier - Autobiographical thinking: Process of thinking about personal past and future events..
- Dr Hui Chen - Exploring the perception of phonemic vowel length contrasts: Evidence from infants and adults..
- Dr Sithembinkosi Dube - Neurophysiological processing of subject-verb agreement in L1 and L2 speakers of English..
- Ms Signy Wegener - Exposure frequency and orthographic consolidation: Are there developmental gains in written word learning efficiency over time?.
- Ms Ana Murteira - Action and action verb processing: A non-invasive brain stimulation study in healthy and aphasic subjects..
- Wednesday 21st Sep,
Dr Laurence Bruggeman,
"The flexibility of listening to native and non-native language. ..."
- Thursday 22nd Sep,
Prof Amanda Barnier, E/Prof Max Coltheart, Dr Devin Terhune & Dr Vince Polito,
"What is Hypnostisability?"
- Wednesday 28th Sep,
"Bilingual parents and bilingual children: The role of accented ..."
- Wednesday 5th Oct,
Professor Oron Shagrir,
"The brain as a model of the world."
- Wednesday 12th Oct,
Professor Martin Brüne,
"Differential empathy for psychological and physical pain in borderline ..."
- Friday 14th Oct,
Professor Martin Brüne,
"Oxytocin and social cognition in borderline personality disorder."
- Dr Mariia Kaliuzhna
- Professor Michael McCloskey
- Arthur Montalto
- Lea Beretti
- Professor Andrew Young
- Michael Kopelman
- Dr Eva Feredoes
- Professor Wendy Best
- Dr Jun Lai
- Dr Ulrich Sauerland
- Dr Devin Terhune
- Professor Karin Landerl
- Professor Oron Shagrir [Previous Visitors]