Department of Cognitive Science
News and Events
Here you can find information on awards and recognition earned by centre members. This can be (but not limited to) media appearances, grants awarded, external appointments, awards and PhD graduations.
For information about grants awarded to MACCS, refer to our Research pages.
- Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Higher Degree Research Supervision (2014), Nickels, L.
- 2nd Place, Macquarie University 3 Minute Thesis Competition (2014), Gelding, R. [Link]
- Promotion to Lecturer (Level B) (2014), Robidoux, S.
- Professor Lyndsey Nickels - Fellow, Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia. (2014 continuing)
- Dr Nora Fieder - The representation of nouns in the mental lexicon: Evidence from brain-impaired and normal speakers..
- Dr Bianca de Wit - A fresh look on semantic priming effects..
- Dr Wei He - Development of face processing in the human brain..
- Ms Thushara Anandakumar - Belief bias reasoning in the maintenance of delusional beliefs..
- Dr Fabrice Bardy - Cortical auditory evoked responses to rapidly occurring acoustic stimuli using least-squares deconvolution..
- Mr Hans Receveur - The role of semantic function in the transition from mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer's Disease..
- Ms Alena Rahmanovic - Memory training for older adults with subjective memory complaints - a pilot study..
- Mr David Rodwell - Memory in temporal lobe epilepsy - the impact of aetiology..
- Friday 31st Oct,
Dr Amanda Miller Amberber,
"Bilingual aphasia: Language switching and selection, cross-language ge..."
- Tuesday 18th Nov,
Professor David Poeppel,
"Three challenges for the neuroscience of language: The maps problem, t..."
- Thursday 20th Nov,
Professor Greg Hickok,
"What Broca’s area is and isn’t doing for language and cognitive proces..."
- Federica Degno
- Professor Daniel Bub
- Sira Määttä
- Simon Hoffding
- Professor Norman Brown
- Professor Harvey Whitehouse [Previous Visitors]