Department of Cognitive Science
News and Events
Here you can find information on awards and recognition earned by centre members. This can be (but not limited to) media appearances, grants awarded, external appointments, awards and PhD graduations.
For information about grants awarded to MACCS, refer to our Research pages.
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Equipment Grant (2015) "Elastic caps for electroencephalogram (EEG) electrode placement." Badcock, N., Caruana, N., de Lissa, P., Boisvert, I., Sharma, M., McMahon, C., Demuth, K., & McArthur, G. ($2,902)
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Open Access Journal Assistance Scheme (2015) "Emerging object representations in the visual system predict reaction times for categorization" (PLOS Computational Biology). Carlson, T., & Ritchie, J.B. ($2,000)
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Open Access Journal Assistance Scheme (2015) "Flexible coding of task rules in frontoparietal cortex: An adaptive system for flexible cognitive control" (Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience). Woolgar, A., Rich, A., & Williams, M. ($1,698)
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Open Access Journal Assistance Scheme (2015) "Face processing in the brains of pre-school aged children measured with MEG" (NeuroImage). Johnson, B., He, W., & Brock, J. ($2,000)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016) "Evaluating the achievement of joint attention in schizophrenia: An ERP and virtual reality study." Caruana, N., Langdon, R., Seymour, K., McArthur, G., Rhodes, G., Kloth, N., & Murphy, C. ($39,947)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016) "Lost for words: Exploring how language disruption impacts social interactions in dementia." Irish, M., Barnier, A., Harris, C., Thornton, R., Crain, S., & Piguet, O. ($39,656)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016) "Testing the two-factor theory of delusional belief in dementia." Kumfor, F., Landin-Romero, R., Devenney, E., Piguet, O., Langdon, R., & Connaughton, E. ($39,656)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016) "Treating spelling problems in primary progressive aphasia: Informing theory of impairment and supporting ongoing communication." Nickels, L., Croot, K., Kohnen, S., Krajenbrink, T., & Taylor, C. ($38,772)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016) "A new approach to study the neural basis of distorted gaze perception in schizophrenia: assessing neural coding of gaze directions." Seymour, K., Langdon, R., Caruana, N., Rhodes, G., Clifford, C., Wardle, S., & Johnson, B. ($39,790)
- Macquarie University Research Excellence Awards: Highly Commended 'Innovative Technologies' (2015), Badcock, N. "Efficient and child-friendly measures of brain activity using a video-gaming system."
- Macquarie University Research Excellence Awards: Highly Commended for The Jim Piper Award for Excellence in Research Leadership (2015), Barnier, A.J.
- Tertiary Student Award (Learning Difficulties Australia) (2015), Colenbrander, D. In recognition of significant research which advances the understanding of theoretical and practical issues in the field of learning difficulties.
- Eminent Researcher Award (Learning Difficulties Australia) (2015), Coltheart, M. Presented by the Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties.
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Extra Mile Award (2015), Banales, E. "For exemplary effort, productivity, customer and public service and innovation."
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Extra Mile Award (2015), Kaplan, D.M. "For exemplary effort, productivity, public service and innovation."
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Extra Mile Award (2015), Lukin, A., Bishop, B., Hubbard, M., McKnight, L., Nicholas, M., Loveday, A., Robredo Moran, S., Moore, S., Murray, J., Barnes, S., Finkbeiner, M., Sutton, J., Kaplan, D.M., Brooks, K., McMahon, C., Boag, S., Hayden, J., Hadley, F. Newall, C., Harrison, N. "For the faculty HDR administrative team for outstanding and effective customer service, as well as an ability to problem solve and provide support."
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Extra Mile Award (2015), Pollard, A., Ryan, C., McCorquodale, J., McKnight, L., & Moss, A. "For the department administration managers for teamwork across the faculty to aid in streamlining services within each department and the faculty."
- Dr Amanda Selwood - Autobiographical memory and collaborative remembering in twins and siblings..
- Dr Sally Finnie - Specifity of a olfactory stress test performance in several neurologhical disorders..
- Dr Lisa Ceccherini - The effects of a concomitant distractor on word reading aloud and picture naming tasks..
- Dr Amy Dawel - Face processing in children with callous unemotional traits..
- Monday 31st Aug,
Professor Jeremy Wolfe,
"Considering your limitations, you are doing pretty well (Presented by ..."
- Monday 31st Aug,
Professors Ina Bornkessel-Schlesewsky and Matthias Schlesewsky,
"Towards a neurobiologically plausible model of higher-order language. ..."
- Monday 7th Sep,
Professor Etzel Cardeņa,
"The effect of hypnotizability, dissociation, and attachment Styles in ..."
- Friday 11th Sep,
Dr Alana Grech,
"Maximise your impact: Building online profiles for academics and ..."