Department of Cognitive Science
News and Events
Here you can find information on awards and recognition earned by centre members. This can be (but not limited to) media appearances, grants awarded, external appointments, awards and PhD graduations.
For information about grants awarded to MACCS, refer to our Research pages.
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Computational modelling of spoken word production." Hameau, S., Nickels, L., Coltheart, M., Pritchard, S., & Fieder, N. ($37,865)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Default mode network integrity in dementia patients with psychosis: Examining associations with cognitive factors." Landin-Romero, R., Kumfor, F., Irish, M., Langdon, R., Connaughton, E., & Piguet, O. ($39,708)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Building a cognitive model of coding: The link between coding ability and syntactic skills." Marinus, E., Powell, Z., Thornton, R., McArthur, G., & Crain, S. ($21,573)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Should I trust you? Appearance-based trust behaviour in schizophrenia." Sutherland, C., Rhodes, G., Langdon, R., Caruana, N., Connaughton, E., Ewing, L., & Williams, N. ($39,287)
- ARC CCD Cross Program Support Scheme (2016 - 2017) "Hidden language: Using fast periodic stimulation to reveal lexical and semantic processing in minimally-verbal children with autism." Woolgar, A., Badcock, N., He, W., Brock, J., Rich, A., & Nickels, L. ($36,627)
- 1st Place, Macquarie University, Department of Cognitive Science 3 Minute Thesis Competition (2016), Carrigan, A.
- Macquarie University Faculty of Human Sciences Dean’s Citation for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (2016), de Wit, B., Badcock, N., Kaplan, D., Williams, M., & Richardson, C. "For implementing brain-imaging technology in first year Cognitive Science laboratory classes, providing an unprecedented learning experience that allows students to visualize their own brain activity.”
- PLOS Early Career Travel Award (2016), Gelding, R. [Link]
- Dr Suze Leitão - Life Member, Speech Pathology Australia. (2016 continuing)
- Dr Leidy Janeth Castro-Meneses - Applying the stop signal task to speech: neural and behavioural investigations of proactive and reactive inhibition..
- Dr Aline Cordonnier - Autobiographical thinking: Process of thinking about personal past and future events..
- Ms Signy Wegener - Exposure frequency and orthographic consolidation: Are there developmental gains in written word learning efficiency over time?.
- Ms Ana Murteira - Action and action verb processing: A non-invasive brain stimulation study in healthy and aphasic subjects..
- Thursday 25th Aug,
Professor Wendy Best,
"'I know it, but I can’t remember the word’: Exploring the outcome of ..."
- Friday 26th Aug,
Dr Ulrich Sauerland,
"Disjunction: The lab animal of experimental pragmatics."
- Wednesday 14th Sep,
Dr Marisa Casillas,
"Communicative development in a Mayan Village (CLaS-CCD Research ..."
- Dr Mariia Kaliuzhna
- Associate Professor Wim Tops
- Professor Michael McCloskey
- Arthur Montalto
- Lea Beretti
- Professor Naama Friedmann
- Dr Aviah Gvion
- Michael Kopelman
- Dr Devin Terhune
- Professor Andrew Young
- Dr Ulrich Sauerland
- Dr Eva Feredoes
- Professor Wendy Best
- Dr Jun Lai
- Professor Karin Landerl [Previous Visitors]