Department of Cognitive Science
Professor Ken Forster
BA Melb, MA Melb, PhD Illinois.
Phone : +1 520 621 2174
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Homepage : http://www.u.arizona.edu/~kforster
Department of Psychology,
University of Arizona, USA
I also have a profile at the ARC Centre for Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders.
Visits to Cognitive Science
- 2nd of June 2014 - 5th of July 2014
- 30th of May 2011 - 1st of July 2011
- 31st of May 2010 - 20th of June 2010
- 20th of March 2009 - 25th of March 2009
- 4th of June 2008 - 3rd of July 2008
- 12th of June 2007 - 29th of June 2007
- 4th of July 2006 - 17th of July 2006
- 1st of April 2001 - 11th of May 2001
- National Science Foundation of USA (2005 - 2008) "Unconscious processes in word recognition". Forster, K. & Kinoshita, S. ($182,244)
- Castles, A., Davis, C. & Forster, K.I. (2003). Word recognition development in children: Insights from masked priming. In Kinoshita. S. & Lupker, S. (Eds.), Masked priming: State of the Art (pp. 345-360). London, UK: Psychology Press.
- Forster, K.I. (1979). Levels of processing and the structure of the language processor. In W.E. Cooper & E. Walker (Eds.), Sentence Processing: Psycholinguistic essays presented to merrill Garrett. Hillsdale: N.J.: Erlbaum.
- Forster, K.I. (1976). Accessing the mental lexicon. In R.J. Wales & E. Walker (Eds.), New Approaches to Language Mechanisms. Amsterdam: North-Holland.
- Adelman, J.S., Johnson, R.L., McCormick, S.F., McKague, M., Kinoshita, S., Bowers, J.S., Perry, J.R., Lupker, S.J., Forster, K.I., Cortese, M.J., Scaltritti, M., Aschenbrenner, A.J., Coane, J.H., White, L., Yap, M.J., Davis, C., Kim, J., & Davis, C.J. (In Press). A behavioral database for masked form priming. Behavior Research Methods. doi://10.3758/s13428-013-0442-y
- Kinoshita, S., Mozer, M.C., & Forster, K.I. (2011). Dynamic adaptation to history of trial difficulty explains the effect of congruency proportion on masked priming. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 140, 622-636.
- Finkbeiner, M., & Forster, K.I. (2008). Attention, intention and domain-specific processing. Trends in Cognitive Sciences, 12, 59-64.
- Kinoshita, S., Forster, K.I., & Mozer, M.C. (2008). Unconscious cognition isn't that smart: Modulation of masked repetition effect in the naming task. Cognition, 107, 623-649.
- Castles, A., Davis, C., Cavalot, P. & Forster, K. I. (2007). Tracking the acquisition of orthographic skills in developing readers: masked form priming and transposed-letter effects. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 97, 165-182.
- Finkbeiner, M., Forster, K.I., Nicol, J. & Nakumura, K. (2004). The role of polysemy in masked semantic and translation priming. Journal of Memory and Language, 51, 1-22.
- Forster, K.I. (1999). The microgenesis of priming effects in lexical access. Brain and Language, 68, 5-15.
- Gollan, T.H., Forster, K.I., & Frost, R. (1997). Translation priming with different scripts: Masked priming with cognates and noncognates in Hebrew-English bilinguals. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition, 20, 1122-1139.
- Forster, K.I. (1994). Computational modeling and elementary process analysis in visual word recognition. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 20, 1292-1310.
- Savage, G.R., Bradley, D.C., & Forster, K.I. (1990). Word frequency and the pronunciation task: The contribution of articulatory fluency. Language and Cognitive Processes, 5, 203-236.
- Forster, K.I., & Davis, C. (1984). Repetition priming and frequency attenuation in lexial access. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition, 10, 680-698.
- Taft, M., & Forster, K.I. (1975). Lexical storage of prefixed words. Journal of Verbal Learning and Verbal Behavior, 14, 638-647.
- Forster, K.I., & Chambers, S.M. (1973). Lexical access and naming time. Journal of Verbal Learning and Verbal Behavior, 12, 627-635.
- Forster, K.I. (1970). Visual perception of rapidly presented word sequences of varying complexity. Perception & Psychophysics, 8, 215-221.
- Wallace, G., Coltheart, M., & Forster, K.I. (1970). Reminiscence in recognition memory for faces. Psychonomic Science, 18, 335-336.
- Castles, A., Davis, C., Cavalot, P. & Forster, K.I. (2007). Tracking the acquisition of orthographic skills in developing readers: masked priming effects [Abstract]. Australian Journal of Psychology, 59(Suppl. 1), 23.
Conference Presentations, Colloquia, and other presentations
- Castles, A., Anandakumar, T., Nation, K., & Forster, K.I. (2012, April). The prime lexicality effect in developing readers. Paper presented at the 39th Australasian Experimental Psychology Conference (EPC), Sydney.
- Kinoshita, S., Mozer, M., & Forster, K.I. (2011, February). Dynamic adaptation to history of trial difficulty explains the effect of congruency proportion on masked priming. Paper presented at the Australasian Mathematical Psychology Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- Castles, A., Davis, C., Cavalot, P. & Forster, K.I. (2007, July). Tracking the acquisition of orthographic skills in developing readers. Paper presented at the meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of Reading, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Castles, A., Davis, C., Cavalot, P. & Forster, K.I. (2007, April). Tracking the acquisition of orthographic skills in developing readers: masked priming effects. Paper presented at the 34th Australasian Experimental Psychology Conference, Canberra.
- Finkbeiner, M., & Forster, K.I. (2002, November). Masked translation priming. Paper presented at the 3rd Annual Lexical Processing Workshop, Tuscan, Arizona.
- Friday 12th Sep,
"Using Virtual Reality to Investigate the Neural Mechanisms of Social I..."
- Monday 15th Sep,
Associate Professor Nao Tsuchiya,
"The Structure of Integrated Information Correlates with the Contents o..."
- Monday 15th Sep,
Dr Lizhen Qu,
"Deep learning for fine-grained text analysis. (CLaS-CCD Research Collo..."
- Tuesday 16th Sep,
"Studying the effect of syntactic and lexical complexity in magnetoence..."
- Friday 19th Sep,
Dr. Josephine Terry,
"Implicit learning of complex auditory temporal structures with even an..."
- Thursday 25th Sep,
Dr Gholamreza (Reza) Haffari,
"Graph-based semi-supervised learning for structured prediction: The ca..."
- Professor Naama Friedmann
- Dr Michelle Jarick
- Dr Ema Sullivan-Bissett
- Professor Jason Rothman
- Professor James Chapman
- William Tunmer
- Associate Professor Naotsugu Tsuchiya
- Professor Daniel Bub
- Dr Hirohisa Kiguchi [Previous Visitors]