Department of Cognitive Science
Usha Sivaranjani Sista
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I also have a profile at the ARC Centre for Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders.
I hold a master's degree in Molecular Biotechnology from the University of Sydney, MA in English from the University of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad, India, a postgraduate diploma in Management Information Systems and Computer Applications as well as an advanced diploma in Spanish. I worked as an Instructional Designer in Deloitte, Hyderabad, India and then as a freelance writer until I joined MACCS. I am undertaking a PhD with Assoc. Prof. Mark Williams as my supervisor and Dr. Jason Friedman as my co-supervisor. My primary interest lies in the workings of the action observation network in the human brain.
The involvement of mirror systems in mimicking learning.
- Scholarship : iMQRES
- Workload : full time
- Supervisors : Associate Professor Mark Williams and Dr Jason Friedman
Conference Presentations, Colloquia, and other presentations
- Sista, U., Friedman, J., & Williams, M. (2011, December). Movement interference in imitative rhythmic arm movements. Colloquium at the 21st Meeting of the Australasian Society of Psychophysiology, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- Sista, U., Friedman, J., & Williams, M. (2011, April). Movement interference in rhythmic arm movements. Colloquium at the 38th Australasian Experimental Psychology Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Sista, U.S. Friedman, J. & Williams, M. (2010, April). Interference effect in rhythmic arm movements. Paper presented at the 38th Australasian Experimental Psychology Conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Monday 10th Mar,
Assistant Professor Tim Hunter,
"Sharpening the empirical bite of syntactic derivations. (CLaS-CCD Rese..."
- Friday 14th Mar,
Professor Andrea Halpern,
"Memory for music and art in Alzheimer's Disease."
- Friday 14th Mar,
Mr Andy Thwaites,
"How do brains encode auditory information? A new method for examining ..."
- Wednesday 19th Mar,
Distinguished Professor Peter Godfrey-Smith & Professor Kim Sterelny,
"Dual-inheritance models of cultural transmission. (CCD Cognition in Co..."
- Friday 21st Mar,
Professor John Duncan,
"A core brain system in assembly of cognitive episodes."
- Friday 28th Mar,
"Imageability and Verb Learning."
- Michelle Mostard
- Professor Barbara Hohle
- Professor Gabriele Miceli
- Professor Roelien Bastiaanse
- Professor Ria De Bleser
- Professor David Howard
- Rasmus Gahrn-Andersen
- Professor Maria Teresa Guasti
- Dr Joana Cholin
- Leonie Franken
- Geoff Cumming [Previous Visitors]